The Commercial Motor Vehicle Class A Driving Program 1000 is a 120 hour course which will be conducted over a 3 week period. Registration can be completed at anytime Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The following are required for admission into Interstate Commercial Truck Driving School:
- An applicant must be at least 18 years of age or older to enroll for “intrastate” driving. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration 391.11 (b) (1) is at least 21 years old to drive “interstate”.
- All applicants must be able to sufficiently read and speak the English language. The course provides books written in English only.
- An applicant must present his/her high school diploma (copy) or GED certificate. If neither are available the applicant can speak with the School Recruiter about other alternatives. ICDS allows them to take the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam “to prove their ability to benefit from the training program”. A minimum score of 15 will be required before admission into the driving program.
- An applicant must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license along with a Class A CDL Permit.
- An applicant must have a current driving record that does not include any of the following:
- A DUI/DWI conviction within the last three (3) years.
- A careless and/or reckless driving conviction within the last three (3) years.
- More than three (3) moving violations within the last three (3) years.
- More than two (2) at fault accidents within the last three (3) years.
- More than two (2) moving violations and one (1) at fault accident within the last three (3) years.
- A conviction of a felony involving the use of a motor vehicle.
- An applicant will not be accepted if he/she has been convicted of a felony within the last five (5) years.
- Prior to the first day of class an applicant must pass DOT physical examination. The FMCSA Medical Examination report 649-F (6045) will be provided upon request.
- Prior to the first day of class an applicant will be required to pass a drug screening.
Interstate Commercial Truck Driving School (ICDS) does not accept other driving schools credits/hours. Transferability of credits earned at this institution is at the discretion of the accepting institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not ICDS’s credits will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice. Records for transfer credits will be available upon request.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT EXCEPTIONS
***Not all applicants will meet all of the general admissions requirements listed under item four (4) above, but still may be able to secure gainful employment. Some applicants may be taking training for their own personal enrichment or basis for an independent small business. The above requirement serve to notify applicants that companies who hire through the School’s Job Placement Assistance program will not hire recent ex-offenders, alcohol/substance abusers, applicants with certain physical limitations as defined by Federal D.O.T. physical requirements or applicants with poor driving records. Job placement assistance with these conditions will be nonexistent. The applicant who understands the above and still desires to enroll in the truck-driving program must sign the “Job Placement Assistance Waiver Form.”